home NEWS Massive News: Trump’s Attorney Comes Forward With HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

Massive News: Trump’s Attorney Comes Forward With HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT

One of President Donald Trump’s attorneys went on live television on Sunday to say that the president is not under investigation. This came as a surprise, given Trump’s tweets about a “witch hunt” last week.

“Let me be clear here,” Jay Sekulow, a member of the president’s legal team, told NBC News’ “Meet The Press.” “The president is not and has not been under investigation for obstruction.”

This came after Trump took to Twitter on Friday to write, “I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt.”

However, Sekulow explained that Trump was not referring to an actual investigation in the message, but instead a news report about one.

“The tweet from the president was in response to the five anonymous sources purportedly leaking information to the Washington Post,” he said, referring to the Post’s report this week that Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Russian interference in the election now also includes a probe at whether Trump attempted to obstruct justice.

Sekulow said that Trump is simply “responding to what he’s seeing in the media in a way in which he thinks is appropriate to talk to those people that put him in office.”
“He’s not afraid of the investigation — there is no investigation,” the lawyer said, adding, “there is not an investigation of the President of the United States, period.”

What do you think about this? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section.

Source By: